Smoky seared scallops with pesto. These perfectly seared scallops over creamy pesto sauce are deliciously tender and flavorful with irresistibly nutty caramelized crust. I'm going to share with you my little secrets for perfectly seared scallops. You know, holidays are just around the corner!
When turning, don't try to force the scallops, if they're. Pan-Seared Scallops with Tomatoes and Pesto. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. You can cook Smoky seared scallops with pesto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoky seared scallops with pesto
- Prepare 1 dozen of Large Scallops.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Kosher salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Good homemade or store bought pesto.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon cut in wedges.
- It’s 2 tbsp of good olive oil.
Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Transfer the scallops to a plate. I was hesitant about making a pesto that was not the traditional basil/parmesan pesto – but WOW this pesto was incredibly refreshing and delightful.
Smoky seared scallops with pesto instructions
- Start grill on a hot flame, preferably charcoal. Rinse scallops under cold water and pat dry..
- Coat scallops with cayenne, salt, pepper and set aside. Place iron skillet on grill and heat olive oil..
- Once hot add scallops and cook 90 seconds then turn. Continue cooking for 90 more seconds while sueezimng lemon wedges and toping with pesto.
- Remove from heat all let rest for 3 minutes and serve..
Learn how to make Seared Scallops with a perfectly golden brown crust, just like at the restaurants! They're incredibly simple to make at home and much cheaper than dining out. Scallops are on most nice restaurant menus these days, and for good reason. Seared Scallops with Creamy Basil Pesto Sauce. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.