Bacon Cooked Scallop Salad. Cut each strip of bacon in half across and wrap around a scallop. Lay the scallops in one layer over a lined grill pan. Wrap a bacon slice around each scallop and secure with a wooden tooth.
In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp and transfer to paper towels to drain. Place warm seared scallops on top of salad, followed by the finely chopped cooked bacon. Drizzle salad with reduced bacon balsamic glaze. You can have Bacon Cooked Scallop Salad using 8 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Cooked Scallop Salad
- Prepare 6 slice of thick cut bacon.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of bay scallops.
- Prepare 1 of pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Mediterranean sea salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 4 bunch of fresh field greens and spinach, 1 bunch per bowl.
- You need 6 dash of lime juice.
- You need 8 dash of balsamic vinegar (I used vinegar aged 18 years).
Today I'll show you how to make bacon wrapped scallops on the grill — or in the oven — for a simple and delicious appetizer or meal! These supereasy scallops swaddled in bacon have four ingredients and two simple steps. Learn how to make them at Food & Wine. Bacon Fat Scallops. foodspin scallop scallop recipe seafood how to deadspin how-to recipes lifespin deadspin xy.
Bacon Cooked Scallop Salad instructions
- Put a 12" pan on the stove on medium heat..
- Use a nonstick spray like Pam to coat the pan..
- Add bacon to the pan..
- Flip bacon often to ensure even cooking and proper doneness..
- Line a plate with paper towels..
- Add bacon to paper towel-lined plate..
- See the bacon grease (A.K.A. Heaven's gift to humanity)? Yeah, just leave that in there and lower the heat to low. (This will prevent pattering when the scallops hit the pan.).
- Add the scallops to the pan..
- Turn the heat to medium-high..
- Season the scallops with pepper and salt..
- When the scallops are heated through and turn more opaque, drain the liquid and return the pan with the scallops to the fire..
- Add the garlic to scallops and swirl the pan to mix..
- This will add a nice toasty crust to the scallops..
- Add the bunches of field greens to bowls..
- Add lime juice to the field greens for flavoring..
- Cut the bacon into slices and add to the bowls..
- Complete cooking the scallops and ad to the salad..
- Top the salad with balsamic vinegar and enjoy immediately..
Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. I paired this summer treat with a delicious mighty green salad. Since this recipe was a little higher in fat than normal, I opted for a hearty lower carbohydrate compliment, a green salad full of asparagus, peas, arugula and mache rosettes just. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.