Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce. These Pan Seared Scallops With White Wine Sauce were incredible. I had been thinking about making this Scallops recipe for a while, and was finally able to. Sear each side for one minute or until each side is golden brown.
Place scallops on a plate and smother with sauce. These seared scallops with wine sauce are rich, delicious, and fast. Generally, cheaper sea scallops will have plumping agents added, and those will keep the scallops from searing properly. You can cook Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce
- Prepare 1 1/4 lbs of sea scallops.
- Prepare of Black pepper, sea salt, and smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- You need 2 cups of port wine.
- You need 1 of medium shallot, minced.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tbs of mirin.
- It’s 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare Half of Pinch of sea salt.
After another minute or two, remove the scallops from the pan. Add wine to the pan and free up any pan drippings. Pat scallops dry; dredge with cornstarch. TARRAGON WHITE WINE SAUCE: In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook shallot, salt.
Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce instructions
- Start with the sauce. Melt butter in a sauce pot. Add shallots. Cook on medium low stirring often until shallots start to brown. Add garlic. Cook a couple more minutes..
- Meanwhile lay scallops out on paper towels. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika..
- Add port wine to the shallots. Bring to a simmer. Let reduce a little..
- After the alcohol cooks out of the wine, add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer until sauce reduces to under a cup of liquid. Stir often..
- When scallops are air dried, lay seasoning side down on a plate. Sprinkle again..
- Heat oil in a good fry pan until very hot. Almost smoking. Carefully with tongs, lay scallops in pan. This is why it is important for them to be dry..
- Let brown, flip over and brown other side. You want them to come out medium rare..
- While shallots are cooking, mix a slurry of corn starch and cold water. Add to reduced sauce slowly, stirring constantly, until you reach your desired consistency. I let it thicken until it barely dripped off of a spoon..
- Plate scallops immediately after done. Pour desired amount of sauce over. Garnish with lemon slices and a sprig of dill. Enjoy..
Seared scallops are quick-cooking, sweet, tender, mild, and delectable. Make these for Valentine's Day dinner and you and the dish will be irresistible. Video: Watch the Video Recipe to see the Seared Scallops with Herb-Butter Sauce come together, step by step, and subscribe to Fine Cooking. How to make restaurant-worthy pan-seared scallops at home. They are cooked with garlic basil butter, take Damp scallops won't sear or brown in the pan.