Pan-fried scallops with shichimi and ponzu. Bonefish Grill sent me to the East Coast to meet their local fishermen and cook up some amazing dishes along the way. This episode we catch fresh scallops. Cook scallops in the professional way then plate up restaurant-style with breadcrumbs and a smear of vegetable purée, from BBC Good Food.
Ponzu dressing adds a citrus zing to this Japanese dish of deep-fried asparagus and scallops. For the ponzu dressing, pour the mirin, soy sauce, vinegar and kombu into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for three minutes, or until reduced by almost half, stirring occasionally. You can cook Pan-fried scallops with shichimi and ponzu using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried scallops with shichimi and ponzu
- Prepare 8 of medium-sized frozen scallops.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 20 g of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of ponzu.
- You need 1 tsp of shichimi.
Grilled Koji-Marinated Hokkaido Squid With Ponzu Mayonnaise; styling by Tara Duggan and Sarah Fritsche. Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. To grill the squid: Preheat a grill to medium high. Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
Pan-fried scallops with shichimi and ponzu step by step
- Defrost 8 medium-sized frozen scallops and wipe dry with kitchen towel. Coat scallops lightly with 2 tbsp flour and pat away excess flour..
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over high heat. Lay flat scallops into the pan. Pan-fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Turn over and pan-fry for another minute. Set aside..
- Add 20 g butter into the pan and heat until melted. Transfer the scallops back into the pan. Add 1 tbsp ponzu and mix well..
- Sprinkle 1 tsp shichimi over the scallops and serve..
Place cornmeal in a shallow dish; dredge scallops in cornmeal. Pan-fried scallops with crisp pancetta, watercress and lemon crème fraîche. Heat a dry frying pan until hot. Perfect Pan Seared Scallops (with a Simple Pan Sauce) Recipe Perfect Pan Seared Scallops (with A Simple Pan Sauce) With Sea Scallops, Clarified Butter, Oil, Shallots, Vermouth, Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped Fresh Chives, Lemon Zest, Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper.