Buddha Jumps Over the Wall. Buddha Jumps Over the Wall, also known as Buddha's Temptation (Chinese: 佛跳牆; pinyin: fó tiào qiáng), is a variety of shark fin soup in Fujian cuisine. #Chinesedelicacy #buddhajumpoverthewall Treat your family to the best Buddha Jumps Over The Wall this Chinese New Year with our secret recipe. Legend has it that a scholar was cooking the soup near a Buddhist monastery and the aroma spread to where the monks were meditating. Our recipe features more accessible ingredients, while maintaining a high-protein hotpot.
Originally, the dish was made in the Qing Dynasty period. The cooking process for this decadent soup is very complicated as it takes about three days to prepare it, and the recipe calls for. Today's Buddha Jumping Over The Wall is rich in ingredients and flavor. You can cook Buddha Jumps Over the Wall using 23 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buddha Jumps Over the Wall
- You need 2 of Chicken carcass bone.
- You need of Ingredients A.
- It’s 8 of Pork ribs / bone meat.
- You need 8 pcs of Abalone.
- You need 10 pcs of Dried Scallop.
- It’s 10 pcs of Dried Oysters.
- It’s 8 pcs of Shitake Mushroom.
- You need 1 of Medium size Black Fungus.
- Prepare 2 pcs of Ginseng.
- You need of Solomons Seal – Yuk Chu.
- It’s of Codonopsis root – Dong Sum.
- It’s 5 pcs of Red dates.
- Prepare 5 pcs of Black dates.
- You need of Ingredients B.
- You need 4 of Chicken drumstick.
- It’s 1 of Sea Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of Fish Maw.
- You need of Some Goji berries.
- You need of to taste Seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of abalone sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 litres of water.
During the Chinese New Year, this makes a great dish to share as it is such a large amount of food. This is the main dish when the whole family is together. When you and your guests take a bowl of this, the words jumped over. The smells spread over to a nearby Buddhist monastery where monks were meditating.
Buddha Jumps Over the Wall step by step
- Soak in water overnight for the mushroom, oysters, scallop and black fungus. Soak the fish maw in hot water for 10 minutes to remove exess oil..
- Boil 3 litres of water in a pot with chicken bones first. Boil for 15 minutes in medium heat. Add in ingredients A and simmer for 30 minutes in low heat..
- Add in ingredients B and simmer for another 10 minutes in low heat. Finally add seasoning and simmer for another 15 minutes and serve..
Although monks are not allowed to eat meat, one of the A poet among the travelers said that even Buddha would jump the wall to eat the delicious dish. Ryota Mikami Buddha Jumps Over the Wall. Bu Fang felt that he underestimated the Buddha Jumps Over The Wall's difficulty. After adding the ingredients which came from two supreme beasts All of his attention was focused on the Buddha Jumps Over The Wall. When he noticed that there wasn't any aroma coming from the jar, Bu Fang.