Sea Scallops on Succotash.
You can have Sea Scallops on Succotash using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sea Scallops on Succotash
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of sea scallops.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of red shallot , diced.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet mini peppers ( I used 1 orange 1 red and 1 yellow) seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 of Kernels from 2 ears sweet corn.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Fresh green beans cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need 2 tbsp of dry white wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of Baby cucumber, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coarsely chopped fresh basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Freshly ground black pepper.
Sea Scallops on Succotash instructions
- Pull off the small white piece of muscle attached to the side of each scallop (some might not have it). Pat scallops dry on paper towels and season lightly with salt..
- Heat oil in a large heavy -bottomed skillet over high heat. When the pan is very hot, use tongs to lower in each scallop,flat side down. Cook,without shaking or moving, until the undersides are a deep brown. Flip scallops and brown the other side (if they stick, loosen with the edge of a sharp metal spatula). Place scallops on a warm platter and cover loosely with foil..
- Lower heat to medium, add red shallot and sweet mini peppers to the same pan,and stir until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in corn, beans, wine,water and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Cook, stirring from time to time, until about half of the liquid boils away and the vegetables are nearly cooked through..
- Add cucumber and cook for 1 minute to heat through. Stir in butter until it melts, then cilantro and basil. Tip any juices that have collected under the scallops into the succotach. Taste and add black pepper and more salt if you like..
- Spoon the succotash onto warmed dinner plates. Add scallops and serve..