Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree.
You can have Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree
- You need of Sea scallops, about 3 per serving.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Chopped cooked bacon for garnish.
- You need of For the maple butternut puree.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped, peeled butternut squash.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of For the pea puree.
- It’s 1/2 cup of English peas, frozen works better than canned.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lime juice.
Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree step by step
- Start 2 pans of water on to boil for the purees. Boil squash and peas separately until they are tender..
- To make the purees, drain squash and peas separately. In a blender add ingredients for the squash puree. The squash and peas should be hot when you blend them. Pulse a couple times. Turn blender to liquefy and slowly add hot water until puree becomes very smooth and silky. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Repeat with the peas. They will take considerably less water to make smooth..
- Get a large frying pan heating on stove just over medium heat..
- Cut scallops in half so they will cook evenly. Pat dry with paper towels..
- When pan is hot add about 1 tbs olive oil per batch of scallops. Put scallops in pan. Lay them away from you. Immediately salt them. They should only need about 90-100 seconds per side. If doing more than 1 batch, clean pan between batches. Drain on paper towels for a minute when done..
- For plating, either mimic the picture or arrange in your own style. Garnish with a small piece of bacon. Serve immediately. Enjoy..