Sea scallops in tomato onion soup. A light and elegant dinner, find Seared Sea Scallops with Tomato, Red Onion and Balsamic Salsa and other simply great recipes at From A Chef's Kitchen. Bay scallops (on the left) are small in size and are best used in a soup, stew or pasta dish. The sea scallop (on the right) is the one you want for.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well. View top rated Scallop soup tomato recipes with ratings and reviews. Place the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds, then immediately into cold water. You can have Sea scallops in tomato onion soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sea scallops in tomato onion soup
- It’s 1/2 lb of wild caught sea scallops.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of wild caught shrimps.
- It’s 2 lbs of organic vine ripen tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of diced potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of largest onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of celery sticks.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Non filtered extra virgin Olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Finishing herb of your choice.
Hi, this is a really simple quick soup. Only takes minutes to prepare but it is super healthy. I hope you will like it. Poach the scallops. oysters, add the tomato soup and sherry.
Sea scallops in tomato onion soup instructions
- Make the tomatoes base first by sauté diced tomatoes in olive oil. Add salt and simmer for a few minutes until red juice come out. Set aside..
- In the heated wok, sear egg washed scallops on both sides until set and set them aside..
- Sautée diced onion, potatoes and celery until aromatic. Season them with salt and pepper..
- Transfer the sauteed veggies into a large soup pot. Add the tomato base now. Pour in two cups of white wine or homemade seafood broth. Bring it to a boil and reduce it to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are very soft and the soup is thickened..
Season with salt. strips and serve immediately. Add bell peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, corn and soups. Cook until desired consistency.. crawfish, fish, sausage, scallops, okra, potatoes and. Large sea scallops are combined with garlic, shallots, butter, and bread crumbs then baked to perfection. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels.