Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth.
You can cook Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth
- Prepare 3/4 lb of skinless salmon fillets cut in 4 portions.
- It’s 12 large of raw shrimp, remove shells but save shells for broth..
- You need 12 of sea scallops.
- You need 1 of FOR BROTH.
- It’s 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatos.
- It’s 1 of celery stalk, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, peeled, left whole.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of FOR CREAM BASE.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of shallot:, minced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 4 of chopped green onions.
Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth instructions
- MAKE BROTH.
- In a large skillet melt a bit of butter and add shrimp shells and brown lightly, just 2 to 3 minutes, add all remaining broth ingredients and simmer 30 minutes to reduce by about 1/2, strain broth and discard solids, set aside..
- MAKE CREAM BASE.
- In a saucepan melt butter, add mushrooms cover and cook on low until they become soft, uncover and add shallots and garlic and soften 1 minute, add cream and pepper, salt and hot sauce bring to a simmer and reduce by about 1/2..
- Combine broth and cream reductions and whisk well. Transfer to a deep skillet that has a cover. Add seafood to lightly simmering sauce in one layer cover and poach until all is just cooked through. If your skillet can not hold all the seafood on one layer, poach in batches and remove to a plate and cover while finishing the remainder. The timing depends on the size and thickness of each seafood..
- Place all cooked seafood on a platter. Add parmesan cheese and green onions to sauce, add to seafood..
- This is best served with pasta for the extra sauce and great with a green salad and french bread!.