M.D.'s Scallop Chowder. Creamy chowder recipe with bay scallops, bacon, and corn. Make this scallop chowder when you need something comforting, yet light, and quick! This lightened-up scallop chowder with bacon, corn (optional – but so recommended), and delicious tender sweet bay scallops.
You can have great seafood chowder in less than an hour following by. This is a rich, traditional chowder recipe using tender and creamy bay scallops in place of clams. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks, on ABOUT. You can have M.D.'s Scallop Chowder using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of M.D.'s Scallop Chowder
- It’s 1 lb of sea scallops.
- You need 12 oz of package of lean sliced bacon.
- You need 3 each of whole carrots.
- Prepare 3 each of ears of fresh corn.
- Prepare 2 bunch of green onions.
- Prepare 1 large of garlic clove(2 if smaller).
- Prepare 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of white ground pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of dry Italian seasoning.
Cut up scallops and saute in butter. Add onions, scallops and potatoes to boiling water. Add scallops and potatoes to kettle. This recipe can be adapted to other shellfish such as clams or mussels.
M.D.'s Scallop Chowder step by step
- In skillet, cook all bacon slices half done. Transfer to paper towel to soak up grease. Tear/cut any prominent fatty tips, toss fat, and chop bacon. set aside.
- wash and drain scallops,and cut into halves or quarters depending on the sizes. set aside..
- Chop green onions. Peel and chop carrots. Remove husk and silk from corn and shave off kernals.
- In medium pot, melt butter on low-med. heat. Toss in garlic,onions,carrots and corn. Saute until carrots are fairly tender..
- Stir in flour, then pour in milk. Stir,and cook covered on low-med. stirring frequently (careful to not scorch bottom),until bubbly..
- Pour in white wine. Stir in scallops, bacon, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning..
- Cook uncovered until scallops are to desired texture and color, remove from heat and let stand for at least 30 mins..
- Any additional dry seasoning maybe added before serving to cater to personal tastes, and shredded swiss can be added to top when served. I prefer corn bread on side..
Bay Scallop Chowder Recipe Creamy Scallop and Bacon Soup. Don't you know the chowder rule on Reddit? If you make good homemade chowder and post a photo of it you're supposed to invite all of Reddit over to try it. Watch how to make this recipe. Add boiled scallops and cook until heated through.