Grilled Scallops, Wrapped in Bacon. Scallops wrapped in bacon is the most gorgeous and delicious appetizer, and it is pretty easy to grill. Bacon adds a lot of flavor to the scallops, so it is. Smoky bacon + tender, briny scallops + Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops – easy appetizer featuring scallops wrapped with bacon and grilled to crispy goodness on bamboo skewers. Take for example, these easy bacon wrapped scallops. The crispy bacon adds a buttery, smoky flavor to the scallops, also helping to keep the scallops moist. You can have Grilled Scallops, Wrapped in Bacon using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Scallops, Wrapped in Bacon
- You need 8 of fresh sea scallops (medium).
- You need 1/4 cup of light or clear Italian salad dressing.
- Prepare 4 slices of bacon, cut in half.
- It’s of Drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 sprigs of basil (garnish).
- Prepare 2 of bamboo skewers, (soaked in water).
Arrange the scallops directly on the grill grate. Bacon Wrapped Scallops are elegant enough for a dinner party or a romantic dinner for two and easy enough to prepare on a busy weeknight. I'd be a little embarrassed to tell you how many times. These bacon wrapped scallops are jumbo scallops coated in a sweet and savory glaze, then broiled to perfection.
Grilled Scallops, Wrapped in Bacon instructions
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the scallops flat side down on a plate and pour the salad dressing over them. Refrigerate. After 3minutes, flip them over..
- Heat up the bacon slices in a fry pan, slightly brown on both sides, for a few minutes total. Do not overcook them to crispness. Remove slices from pan and rest on a paper towel sheet..
- Wrap 1 bacon slice around the edge of the scallop. Pierce the scallop with the skewer near the end of the bacon slice and drive the skewer through. Repeat this step for the other scallops, until you have 4 per skewer..
- Place the skewers on a medium heated grill that has been cleaned, brushed, and oiled to prevent sticking. Grill about 3-4 minutes per side. [Have a squirt bottle of water handy to prevent possible flare-ups].
- Plate the skewers with a side of rice, vegetables, etc. Drizzle the scallops with some balsamic vinegar, garnish with basil, and enjoy..
A simple yet elegant appetizer or main course option that is sure to get rave reviews! Everything is better with bacon, I always find myself making bacon wrapped chicken and bacon. What bacon brands are best for Scallops Wrapped in Bacon? You'll want to select a thin-cut bacon. We typically choose a name-brand bacon, such as Then, we wrapped the pre-cooked bacon around the glazed scallops, securing the ends with a toothpick.