Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine. How To: Shrimp & Scallop Scampi with Linguine. Pat the shrimp and scallop dry, then season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned.
Loaded with garlicky shrimp and a rich lemon flavor, this pasta dish comes together easily and will disappear quickly. It takes more time than a usual scampi, but the flavor was so much better and complex. It's definitely a keeper and repeater. You can cook Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine
- It’s 1 of # large or x-large shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails on.
- It’s 1/2 of # bay scallops.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- You need of vegetable oil & salt (for pasta water).
- Prepare 1/2 box of linguine.
- Prepare 3 1/2 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 3/4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced (about 2 Tbsp).
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 of black pepper.
- It’s 1/3 C of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare of zest of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of lemon juice (1 1/2 lemons).
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon, thin slices.
- Prepare 1/2 C of white wine.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (less if you don't like the heat).
This shrimp scampi linguine recipe has a dash of red pepper to add a bit of extra heat to this classic dinner entrée. Do this by following the cooking instructions on the package of the linguine. Once your pasta is done, set it aside and then make the scampi immediately, or you can also do both at the same time. I usually combine the oil and garlic in.
Shrimp/Scallop scampi with linguine instructions
- Cook the linguine as directed including a little oil and salt into the water.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter and olive oil on medium-low. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and scallops, S&P and saute until shrimp turn pink, stir often for about 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat. Add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, wine, lemon slices and pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Put back on heat for 1-2 minutes to warm the sauce.
- Now add the linguine to the sauce and use tongs to combine all the ingredients together. Serve..
Linguine with Shrimp Scampi from Barefoot Contessa. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve. Succulent shrimp in the most delicious garlic butter and wine sauce drizzled with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Making this again (was absolutely fantastic first time) only this time pairing the shrimp with scallops and serving over Linguine! I need to double the recipe and.