Barbecued Scallops with Lime Butter "Awen".
You can have Barbecued Scallops with Lime Butter "Awen" using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Barbecued Scallops with Lime Butter "Awen"
- You need 1 head of fennel.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- You need 12 large of scallops, cleaned.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 6 tbsp of melted, sightly salted butter.
- It’s 1 small of amount olive oil for brushing.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and freshly ground blackpepper.
Barbecued Scallops with Lime Butter "Awen" instructions
- Trim feathery leaves from fennel and reserve them. Slice the remaining fennel lengthways into thin wedges..
- Cut one lime into wedges . Finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice of the other lime and toss half the juice and rind onto the scallops.Season well with salt and pepper..
- Place the egg yolk and remaining lime rind and juice in a small bowl and whisk until pale and smooth..
- Gradually whisk in the melted butter and continue whisking until thick and smooth .Finely chop the reserved fennel leaves and stir them in, with seasoning to taste..
- Brush the fennel wedges with olive oil and cook them on hot barbecue or in griddle pan for 3-4 minutes, turning them once..
- Add the scallops and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, turning once. Serve with the lime and fennel butter and the lime wedges..