Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes. Bacon and scallops are tossed with linguine pasta, white wine, and garlic in this quick and tasty pasta dinner good enough for guests. DIRECTIONS Cook linguine til al dente in a large pot of boiling water. Rinse scallops with running cold water to remove sand from Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
Fry the bacon in a large heavy skillet until crisp. Discard the bacon fat and heat the olive oil in the same skillet over moderate heat. Add the linguine and cook as the label directs. You can cook Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon.
- You need 450 g of dry linguine.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 340 g of bay scallops.
- It’s 300 g of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need Handful of fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the shrimp and scallops dry, then season with salt Toss with the shrimp, scallops and sauce; garnish with parsley and lemon. Recipe courtesy The Quarterdeck for Food. Linguine with Bay Scallops, Fennel, and Tomatoes Recipe.
Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes instructions
- Fry the bacon in a pan. Once the slices are crisp, set them aside on a paper-towel lined plate to drain..
- Drop the pasta into a large pot of boiling salted water..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and fry for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the pepper flakes and tomato paste and continue frying another 2 minutes..
- Add the scallops and tomatoes to the pan. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir to combine. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the scallops are cooked through and the tomatoes are just starting to blister. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter. Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper..
- Your pasta should be just about cooked by this time. Drag the noodles and a little cooking water into the pan of sauce. Roughly chop up the bacon you cooked earlier and add it to the sauce, along with the parsley. Give everything a good toss, then serve..
Clams and bacon form a delectable union enhanced by wine-flavored tomato sauce. We recommend chopped clams, which are sold in refrigerated containers. The full flavor of the clams and the acidity of the tomatoes are best with a straightforward, acidic white wine. Cook bacon, drain on paper towels and crush into bits. Bay scallops are sweeter than sea scallops, making them even more of a delicacy.