Pan Seared Scallops.
You can cook Pan Seared Scallops using 4 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan Seared Scallops
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of scallops.
- Prepare 2 tsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s pinch of salt and pepper.
Pan Seared Scallops instructions
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Add the butter and oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat. Salt and pepper the scallops. Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center. Serve immediately..